Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U is for Undercity



Beneath every city lies a world of secrets where things discarded by accident or intention go to find new purpose. In the sewers, theives and the destitute can find refuge from judgment and prying eyes.

U is also for "Uh oh, out of ink." My 50% gray marker I bought specifically for the A to Z challenge ran out of ink partway into shading this drawing. I had to continue with the 80% gray marker and then adjust the curves in Photoshop. It's kind of cool that I managed to draw a pen dry in less than a month, but it does mean I'll be stopping at the art store before moving on to V.

Get a printable version here.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend.. What an interesting post! I love it! We so often see stories about things that go on underground, but this gives a fresh look at it. Thanks. Best regards to you. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dungeon maps. I love the aged paper touch.

    ReplyDelete