Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for Icy Chasm



We're mid-way through the second week of the April A to Z Challenge! I feel like I'm keeping up with my posts okay, but I have had a heck of a time getting to check out other peoples' blogs. I've seen a ton of stuff that I've been interested in and meaning to comment on, but I just haven't had the time! Anyone else feeling that way? How do you balance the writing and the reading/commenting obligations of the A to Z?

This map was tough. I had to do a bit of figuring out before I found a visual way to convey "icy" using just my usual mapping tools.I'm fairly happy with the way it turned out, and quite happy with the fact that I drew this in just about an hour. (My last few posts had been taking about twice that.)

get a printable copy here.

7 comments:

  1. Your details are what make your maps over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance? There is no balance. It's like running down hill as fast as you can to keep from dropping something heavy that's trying to fall out of your arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are truly a gentleman and a philosopher.

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic! As far as visiting blogs for A-Z, I've been trying to get to a lot, but I'm sure we all know that you can only do as much as you can do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a challenge keeping up with blogging and commenting...but I do it first thing in the morning since I am a SAHM (stay at home mom) and get it out of the way...also I blog my letters in advance and save them....when I have time! Great post and awesome map skills!

    Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic, good sir. Absolutely fantastic. I'd love to pick your brains about your mapping process; I have trouble with translating from hand-drawn on paper to a finished graphic product.

    As for the A to Z? I have to admit that I tend to avoid reading other participants' blogs until the end of April or the start of May. My first year I found myself unconsciously using stuff/ideas I'd read to corrupt my ideas. It came too close in my mind to plagiarism, so to avoid the problem of "unconscious corruption" I avoid the blogs for a while.

    That may not be in the spirit of A to Z, but it's necessary for me to keep my ethical standards up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am guessing most of us feel that way, as there are just so many to visit, and then I found some favorites that I try to visit daily. Love today's map.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    Visiting from AtoZ #41

    ReplyDelete