Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Surfacing Gamemaster (pt. 2) Running D&D from the Microsoft Surface


If you've been following this blog for a while, you know that I've been running my regular D&D game from a Microsoft Surface RT. Ever since I got my organization system settled down, I've been looking for a way to record the on-screen setup I use. Unfortunately, I have not found any screen recording apps for the Surface (at least the non-Pro version).

Well, last night I ran a test to see what would happen if I just pointed my new web cam at the screen while walking through a little demonstration. The results were workable, if not ideal. Nevertheless, I threw together a little video that shows how I put everything together on game night to run the session from the Surface.

Hope you enjoy, and let me know if you would like me to dive further into any particular part!

No comments:

Post a Comment