Monday, September 9, 2013

Make-it Monday: DIY Miniature Display Case

"Want to class up your consumer-grade junk? Put it in a frame!"
-Ancient Exhibit Developer's Secret
We're taking a little break from the Campaign Mastery locations blog carnival today to bring you a really cool DIY project I came up with last weekend.

While wandering through the container store last weekend as part of our post-wedding organizational effort, I noticed some nifty bamboo trays in the kitchen section. I decided to pick a few up to make display cases for my D&D minis and other small collectibles. In case you might be interested in doing something similar, I also threw together a nifty how-to video for the project!


A couple of you have been making some noise that sounds like "MOAR MAPS!" Well, I've got some ideas for some maps done in the style of my April A to Z collection, so keep an eye out in the upcoming weeks, and you might just get your wish!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea -- I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been working great since I put them up. I even pulled a bunch of pewter guys off one end of the long case and it didn't tip at all despite having all the remaining minis at the other end.

      Delete