Friday, June 28, 2013

BONES IN THE HOUSE!

Pew pew!

Sweet mother of bacon bits! My Bones Kickstarter order has arrived! I was on business travel in Ohio all week, and got the call from the Fiancee that of course they were dropped off while I was out. So, what was the first thing I did when I got home, jet-lagged and travel-grimey? Of course, I opened up the box and inventoried all of them on my dining room table!

Prepare for unboxening!

So many bags! (oranges included for scale)

The cat was helping.


All set out, arranged and and labeled by group.

Having now given the sculpts a once over, I am entirely pleased with my choice to back the Kickstarter, despite all the delays. The sculpts have a lot of personality to them, and there is a good variety, even among similar pieces. The only downsides I see are:

  1. A bunch of the minis got bent in transit, but that is fixable with a regimen of hot water to soften the plastic followed by cold to reset them in the proper position.
  2. Some of the smaller sculpts are a bit murky in the details, and some of the faces on the medium sized figures look like they're going to be a challenge to paint, because they're not super defined. 

I hear they have pills that can help with this problem

All better!

Nevertheless I am really looking forward to doing some test paints, though I'm not really sure where to start.

This guy was one of my surprise favorites.
He looks like an evil fantasy version of Mac Tonight.

2 comments:

  1. The hot and cold water thing is genius, the flaccid spearman is hysterical, and I totally see the evil Man Tonight - tell me you're painting him in blue, black, and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly having a heck of a time figuring out what to paint first. I started painting a candelabra from the dungeon decoration pack, but we're in the middle of a heatwave, and my paints were drying almost as soon as they hit the palette. I got a base coat on, but decided to wait on going further until the house cools off.

      As to Mac Tonight... I think a blue, black and white color scheme with some silver might be a good choice.

      Delete