Friday, June 21, 2013

Bones on the Way and other Randomness

After months of waiting, compulsively checking my inbox every other minute, it finally arrived! I got the email from Reaper Minis that my Bones Kickstarter order has shipped! It is difficult to describe just how excited this makes me. Not only will I finally have over 250 new minis in my collection, but they are scheduled to arrive next week just one week ahead of the grand finale for my current D&D campaign arc, which features the players laying siege to a ruined city recently refortified by cultists, devils and their undead minions. Though I wont have time to paint up the minis, I will have plenty of fresh fodder for my battle mat.

SOON!

We are scheduled to play the final blowout on July 4.

Note to self: Adapt Bill Pullman's speech from the end of Independence Day to work for high fantasy setting.

In other news, I ran across this really cool short video from PBS Off Book that provides an excellent introductory summary of what D&D is all about, along with some interesting history on how it developed.


4 comments:

  1. That is a huge collection Geoff. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! The Kickstarter was supposed to have delivered everything back in late March, but the overwhelming response to their project, followed by delays from their manufacturers pushed delivery way back for a lot of folks. It's like Christmas in late June!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous!! Not only do you get a bunch of new goodies, but you totally scored that trove of freebies a while ago - I remember the pic of your inundated desk. I wish I'd known about the Bones KS :( I would have contributed, and not just for the swag (but I certainly wouldn't sneeze at it either)

    And as before and ever onward, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! for letting me use your Westerlands map. It's yet to be my turn to DM a campaign, but the dudes I game with are loving the tales I've woven all thanks to your spectacular map!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I love that it's getting a lot of use! I've been wanting to do some more mapping soon, though I haven't decided if I want to do more hand-drawn stuff like in the A to Z challenge, or if I want to go back to computer generated stuff and take advantage of the fact that I have Photoshop now, and not just Gimp.

      Delete