Monday, May 6, 2013

Make-it Monday: A to Z Compilation Books

One of the big reasons for using maps as my A to Z theme was to build a collection of stock locations for use in my game. For this week's Make-it Monday, I decided to compile all of my hand drawn originals, along with printouts of the parchment-textured finals into two artist portfolios. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a portfolio at my local art store with enough pages to include everything in one volume. Still, I am pleased with how things turned out.

The old label maker comes in handy once again

Here's the interior layout turned to a couple of my favorites from the challenge.

Tucked away snug on my RPG shelf.
I don't know that I've ever shown this, but this is my RPG bookshelf all within arms reach of my GM spot.
The plastic bins on the bottom two shelves are all packed with minis.
There are a few leftover pages in each portfolio, so I may work up a title page and table of contents for each. It's really not necessary, but it would look cool.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Andrew, it is all impressive. Loved your maps in AtoZ.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to go so far as to do up a title page and TOC... Then why not add a cover, combine it in a single pdf and put it up on RPGNow or Lulu? I'm sure you would get enough sales to cover your time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly a thought... hrmmm...

      Delete
    2. I second that idea! I'd buy a copy (I'd probably prefer a paperback)

      Delete