Friday, March 8, 2013

Unboxing: Reaper MSP HD Paint Set and Extras!

I was feeling bad this morning that I hadn't gotten around to writing a blog post for today, but when I got home I saw that my new set of mini paints had arrived from Reaper! I picked up set 1 of their MSP HD paint line. The HD paints are designed to lay down a solid base coat quickly and efficiently. The set contains 19 paints in various shades of the standard rainbow colors. I supplemented this by purchasing individual bottles of some flesh tones, tans and browns, and bottles of pure black and pure white.


 When I opened the box, I found that the folks at Reaper had packed everything inside the HD set's carrying case.



They even included a hand-written note on the packing slip!



Now I am all set with paints for when my Bones minis arrive later this month!

Oh, in other news, I backed a couple of Kickstarters this week. The first is Torment: Tides of Numenera, which is a videogame RPG making use of Monte Cook's Numenera world.

Numenera has a space-fantasy feel reminiscent of Boris Vallejo's art,
or Edgar Rice Burrough's writing
The second is Richard (Lord British / private astronaut) Garriott's Shrouds of the Avatar RPG! I'm really excited, but I really need to stop spending money for a bit.



My boss was at this guy's house like a week ago!... but because he's flown in space, not because he makes video games.

Anyway, if you are into Kickstarting things, I highly recommend you back both of the above, which are still going on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment