Monday, March 25, 2013

Make-it Monday: Dungeon Set, Bloodrock Mine

For the last Make-it Monday before the big April A to Z Mapstravaganza, I figured I should do something truly epic. Since the players in my D&D campaign just reached the source of the nastiness they have been questing to eradicate for the past several YEARS, I thought I should do something truly epic. Therefore, I give you the dungeon setup that is currently occupying my dining room table.

The set represents the heart of a mining/refining operation that has been polluting the lands with tainted bloodrock. The players are on an infiltration and sabotage mission to shut things down. The set utilizes a mix of actual D&D dungeon tiles with legos and various support structures to give levels to the environment. Old prescription bottles make great pillars and supports for elevated platforms. I also discovered that a set of cardboard magazine covers I picked up from Office Depot have the perfect dimensions to represent 20 ft high cliffs (at a 1 inch to 5 ft scale) when laid on their side. I laid two on top of each other to make 40 ft cliffs. (Yay, math!)

Anyway, here are the pics. I want to make sure someone gets to enjoy this in the event my players' brilliant plan bypasses the room in just 5 minutes.







3 comments:

  1. You succeeded - this is epic. I sincerely hope that I get to kill things in the mine and that it's not destroyed too easily (what can I say, I enjoy killing evil dudes)

    ReplyDelete