Monday, March 17, 2014

Where the Heck is Sporkchop!?

Howdy everyone. I know I vanished from the blogosphere for a solid two months, but it was not without good reason. Back at the beginning of February, I was gearing up to make a big in-blog announcement when the subject of that announcement beat my initiative roll and caught me flat footed.

My son was born. Early. Like three months early.

It was terrifying, to make the understatement of the century.

The good news is he is six weeks old as of today and doing really, really well thanks to the amazing stuff that modern medicine can do. The terror has mostly turned to joy and wonder, albeit mixed with a healthy dose of worry, exhaustion and ohcrapthehouseisn'treadyhowthehellarewegoingtodothis!?... ahem. He's still in the hospital, and will probably be there another month, but he's growing, gaining weight, looking around and needs very little breathing support at this point.

The Sporklet
So, that's why I have been absent... well, that and a hard drive failure on my laptop. I do plan to keep this here blog going, because gaming is a major part of my life, and as my son grows, I hope to share it with him. However, I do not plan to turn this blog into a daddy blog. Though I may talk about some game-related dad things. For the time-being, I will likely post based on specific things, like the upcoming International Tabletop Day, or my wife and I going to see Patrick Rothfuss on the anniversary of our first date! I don't expect I will have the time or energy to return to three posts a week, and I definitely must bow out of April A to Z this year.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Geoff - Congratulations! Terrifying indeed. All the best for you and your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Geoff! Modern medicine has advanced so much over the years and that little guy is proof. He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Congrats on the happy and healthy little guy. He'll be rolling dice with you before you know it. You need to post of pic of him on a dungeon mat with your other minis :)

    ReplyDelete