Thursday, March 29, 2012

April A to Z with Character









My strategy for tackling this year's A to Z blogfest is coming together nicely. I am going to focus on character development and roleplay issues. To help me organize my thoughts, I put together a list of my anticipated topics and began to notice three intertwining sub-themes to my character posts. I have labelled these themes 1) Building a Better Villain 2) Building a Better Hero and 3) Interactions (the last category might need a snappier title)

The posts will focus on moving beyond stat sheets and dice-roll mechanics to develop characters an interactions that are deeper, more memorable for your players and which will hopefully result in a more exciting story and/or experience at the game table.

The first week's topics are pretty solid at this point and will hit the following subjects:

  • Arch-enemies
  • Back stories
  • Companions (alternates still under consideration are "Code of Honor" or "Causes")
  • Diplomancy (one of the stickier points on the dice vs. roleplay continuum) - This post may also need to do double-duty for the monthly Insecure Writer's Support Group
  • Evil
  • Flaws
  • Get-aways

3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to have you participating in the challenge. I look forward to reading your posts!

    For the challenge we ask that you remove word verification. We would like to make it as easy as possible on all the participants to drop by and comment.

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    A to Z co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, text verification is switched off.

    ReplyDelete