Monday, October 28, 2013

Make-it Monday: Halloween 2013, Forest King and Raven Queen

A back-lit closeup of my final do

We hosted our annual Halloween party this past Saturday. We had probably a good 20-25 people at our house over the course of five hours with a lot of cool costume ideas happening. Among the many wonderful outfits at the party, we had the Swedish Chef, the pin-up Hilda, Jeeves and Wooster, Bob Ross and a happy tree. The costumes the Wife and I have been slaving over for the past month or so turned out spectacularly. 


Here is the Wife and I in our full get-up

and a close-up of the hooves
Unfortunately, our actual camera has been dead for a few weeks now, so we only had my cellphone, which was also serving as an mp3 player with the music for the evening, so our pictures were sparse and not of the greatest quality. Fortunately, some friends of ours also had cameras at the ready. So, here is a sampling of the other guests.


Though this pic wasn't taken at my party, my adorable niece showed up wearing this.


Brunhilda and Bat-Girl talk with Hank Venture -taken by me

Hank Venture meets zombie hiker and zombie frat boy -taken by my friend, Rene

Venture-Archer power combo -taken by my friend, Rene

A good full-length shot of the Wife's cloak -taken by my friend, Rene
 Oh, of course, before the party began, I had to take the obligatory duck-faced selfie.


UPDATE: 10/29/13
Our friend, Dan uploaded a couple new pics!

This is what I wake up to every morning! ; )

A MUCH better pic of the Wife and I
With another successful Halloween party in the bag, we must now consider whether we will ever wear these costumes again. If we get invited to a party next weekend, we might. Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. I am pondering the practicality of putting the outfit back on for karaoke next Friday... hmmm...

If this is the first Halloween post you've seen, check out how we made our costumes at the following links.



5 comments:

  1. Forest King and Raven queen! SO cool! What great costumes. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those costumes came out really good. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew when I saw your last post, horns and hooves aside, wifey was going to steal the show with that feather collared cloak. Still, you are rocking that beard Goeff. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! and yes, she is both awesome and crafty!

      Delete