Wednesday, February 27, 2013

TableTop Day!



I was pondering what to post today and about to settle on something half-hearted and half-baked when this announcement dropped into my Twitter feed with a resounding fanfare!




This is one of the most fantastic ideas I have seen/heard in a while, and I wholeheartedly intend to participate! I have not yet figured out exactly HOW I intend to participate (house party, game store party, bound to be overcrowded Café Mox party), or with whom (Usual game group, all friends ever, random strangers), but something is gonna happen!

If you are not familiar with TableTop, it is an online game review and demo show created by Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day. It has become one of my favorite ways to learn about new games. I also believe that online channels like Geek and Sundry (which hosts TableTop) produce some of the best television around.

If you love games, I encourage you to unplug the kids, break out the cards, dice and boards, and make a point to create your own tabletop fun on March 30. The first ever TableTop Day!

1 comment:

  1. I was jumping out of my pants when I read about it. Not literally, of course, because that would just be creepy! I double-posted today so I could spread the word. I can't wait to see if anyone in my town will participate.

    ReplyDelete