Friday, February 24, 2012

Long, long ago...

I know the Star Wars prequels are over a decade old at this point, and in that time there has been a lot of speculation on why they are "TEH SUXXORS". I freely admit that I firmly side with the George Lucas has lost his mind/talent/whatever side of the argument. I also, however, recognize that we perceive time as a uni-directional flow that we cannot control or revise after the fact. Nevertheless, I think there is a lot to learn from the botch job Lucas did on his otherwise beloved world. Though we can't fix Star Wars, we can learn from his mistakes and the potential amazingness that could have been.

Anyway, this morning I saw an excellent video put together by a Jason Biggs lookalike which presents an amazing vision of how good Episode I could have been. The video is 12 minutes long and contains not only a reimagining of Star Wars but also a lot of excellent advice on how to craft an engaging story. Check it out!


Also, if you are interested in reading my own long-winded rant, which uses D&D archetypes to describe how the prequel trilogy completely botched Anakin's story, let me know and I'll buy a bottle of whiskey to get the juices flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment